Isjingi (Pumpkin/Or Butternut Porridge)
One large pumpkin or two large butternuts (make sure the butternuts are naturally sweet so that there is no need to add sugar. You identify a naturally sweet one by its dark orange colour.)
Half a cup of non-GMO mealie meal
Water as needed
1-3 Tablespoons of brown sugar (optional)
1. Cut the butternut or pumpkin into cubes.
2. Put in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until soft.
3. When it is soft, puree it with a wooden spoon or fork.
4. When it is completely pureed, add the mealie-meal, and stir. Making sure there is no lumps. Add more water if necessary.
5. The consistency must be like porridge, not runny and not stiff.