About this Recipe
By: Vegan Ekasi
Stay warm this winter with this hearty curry. So delish hmmmm! Serve with rice or use as pie filling.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- ½ Red Pepper, Chopped
- 1 and ½ Fresh Celery Sticks (with leaves), Chopped
- 4 Medium Carrots, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Biryani Mix
- Handful of Whole Green Beans, Chopped
- Water for desired consistency
- 1 Clove Garlic (Optional)
- 2-4 Tablespoons Oil
- Your Favourite Seasoning To Taste
- Put oil in the pot or a pan big enough and fry the onion for a minute.
- Add Celery and Pepper, and fry until soft
- Add curry and biryani mix with a bit of water to avoid sticking, and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and let it cook for 5 minutes
- Add carrots and a cup of water
- When carrot and sweet potato are tender, add the green beans and more water if necessary.
- Mash some of the sweet potatoes to create a thick curry consistency and season.
- Switch off heat and add garlic (if using).
- Stir and let it sit before serving