About this Recipe
By: Vegan Ekasi
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- Handful Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- Oil (Enough for shallow frying)
- Salt (to taste)
- Tip of a Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Biryani Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- ½ Cup Brown Flour
- Cook Lentils as per pack instructions.
- Mash lentils in a bowl and add bell pepper and onion and mix well.
- Add rest of the ingredients except flour and mix well.
- Add half of the flour and mix to bind the mixture (must not be wet or too dry or hard)
- Form balls and flatten with your hands into patties
- Shallow fry in a pan until golden brown on both sides
Makes 12 patties. Enjoy in burgers or with salads and wedges