By: Vegan eKasi
- 500ml (2 cups) whole-wheat flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt | 125ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) vegetable oil
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 250ml (1 cup) cool water
- Juice of 1 lemon,
- Sifted icing sugar (or ground brown sugar)
- Lemon zest and lemon slices for decoration
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix well
- Heat the oven to 150°C and oil the baking pan
- Bake for 40-45 mins. Or until a knife is able to come out clean when inserted to make sure it’s properly baked.
- Let it cool and start preparing the icing (stir all ingredients together until smooth).
Once cake is cool, spread icing and decorate with lemon zest and slices.