About this Recipe
By: Vegan Ekasi
- 1 Large Butternut, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbspns. Oil
- 1 Cups (250ml) Water
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Soy Milk
- Dried Dhania (Coriander) and Jheera (Cumin) mix
- (Or any other vegan-friendly MSG/chemical-free seasoning)
- Fresh Parsley, Sage, Thyme, or Cinnamon Powder for garnish
- 1 Tbspn. Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion until softened
- Add Butternut, seasoning, salt and water, and stir well
- Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes, then reduce heat and allow to cook for 45 mins. on low heat until butternut is soft.
- Transfer to blender and blend. Add soy milk while you’re at it for the creamy taste.
(Just make sure soup is not too runny, but achieve satisfactory consistency)
- Return to pot to reheat and serve warm with coconut cream and sprinkled with cinnamon topping.