About this Recipe
By: Vegan Ekasi
(By Tracye McQuirter, from ByAnyGreensNecessary.com)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or any other oil)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (florets only)
- ¼ cup cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dash cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste (optional)
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and red pepper and sauté until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove these vegetables from the oil and set aside.
- Using the same oil, turn up the heat and add the broccoli to the hot oil. Stir-fry for about 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the veggies back in and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir and let sit covered on low heat for another 5 minutes.
Serve over brown rice or whole grain pasta.