About this Recipe
By: Vegan Ekasi
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 and 1/2 cups chickpea (gram) flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp fine himalayan/sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- Dash of turmeric & paprika
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped lightly cooked broccoli
- 7 button mushrooms , finely sliced
- Shredded raw vegetables like kale, spinach: use any veggies you like
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- Red and yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp of fresh herbs/mixed herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Oil a 9 inch baking plate (or large casserole dish) liberally with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or blender, whisk the flour, water, oil, salt and remaining batter ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Add cooked/raw vegetables in the baking plate/casserole dish and stir well.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until thick and golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Slice to desired size.
- Serve warm or let them cool completely before serving.